- 9.4T Bruker Biospec MRI System: for hardware-intensive experiments such as spectroscopy, diffusion imaging and X-nucleus experiments;with Autopac laser positioning system enabling reproducible subject positioning for timecourse studies
- 7T Bruker Pharmascan MRI System: for high-throughput basic imaging experiments
- High resolution anatomomical imaging
- T1 and T2 relaxometry
- Diffusion imaging (DWI, DTI)
- Dynamic contrast enhanced imaging (DCE)
- Cardiac functional imaging
- Multimodality imaging
- Track longitudinal changes in tumor microenvironment in response to drug treatment
- Measure changes in cardiac function (cardiac output, left ventricular mass, wall motion, etc.) after a myocardial infarction
- Track labeled tumor cells in the brain
- Create a map of abdominal organs that can be registered with SPECT images for organ-level quantification of SPECT signal
- Quantify and visualize changes in body fat distribution in response to experimental manipulation
- Characterize the performance and biodistribution of novel MRI contrast agents at high field
Recent MRI publications
Rammohan N, … Meade TJ. Nano Lett. 2016 Dec;16(12):7551-7564. DOI link Continue Reading Nanodiamond–Gadolinium(III) Aggregates for Tracking Cancer Growth In Vivo at High Field
Fully implantable optoelectronic systems for battery-free, multimodal operation in neuroscience research
Gutruf P, … Rogers JA. Nat. Electronics 2018 Dec; 1(12): 652-660. DOI link Continue Reading Fully implantable optoelectronic systems for battery-free, multimodal operation in neuroscience research
Whole-body imaging of cell death provides a systemic, minimally invasive, dynamic and near-real time indicator for chemotherapeutic drug toxicity.
Johnson SE, … Zhao MW. Clin Cancer Res 2019 Feb 15;25(4):1331-1342. DOI link Continue Reading Whole-body imaging of cell death provides a systemic, minimally invasive, dynamic and near-real time indicator for chemotherapeutic drug toxicity.
The 9.4T Bruker Biospec MRI system (30 cm bore) is designed for hardware-intensive experiments such as high resolution imaging, functional imaging, and diffusion imaging. The large gradient set has an internal diameter of 20 cm and a gradient strength of 200 mT/m, and is suitable for imaging larger rodents such as rabbits and guinea pigs. The gradient insert with 12 cm diameter and a gradient strength of 450 mT/m is suitable for imaging mice and rats. An AutoPac laser positioning system enables rapid and precise sample positioning. The system has four receive channels for parallel imaging, and four transmit channels, including one for X-nuclei.
The 7T Bruker PharmaScan MRI system (16 cm bore) is designed for high throughput experiments for imaging anatomy and basic function. Its gradient set has a 9 cm bore suitable for imaging mice and rats, and a strength of 120 mT/m. Four receive channels enable parallel imaging.