Exporting data from the 7T MRI
You can find a pdf file with screenshots of key operations here.
- Export your data from Paravision
- Close Exam card.
- Locate and select study in Data Browser window.
- Click “Export DICOM” and save into the default folder.
- Use menu next to “Export DICOM” button to select “Archive”.
- Go to computer’s file browser and find your exported data in the /home/nmrsu/tmpdata and /home/nmrsu/tmpDICOM directories.
- For exported raw data, change the extension from .PvDatasets to .zip
- For the DICOM directory, right-click, “create archive”, and make a .zip or .tar.gz file.
- Transfer your data to the CAMI workstation using Box
- Open web browser and log into Northwestern Box.
- Use the upload file menu in Box to upload your zipped archive and DICOMs.
- After successful upload, delete your archives from the temporary folders on the 7T workstation.
- Go to CAMI workstation in the lobby.
- Log in and start a NUCore reservation.
- Download your .zip archive from Box to your data folder on the workstation (NOT the desktop!) and unzip it.
- Start JIM and convert your raw data into a usable image format (.nii)
- Log into NU VPN using the Windows network button.
- Start JIM software.
- Open Image conversion tool, navigate to your image storage directory, press “Scan for images” button.
- Set image export directory.
- Select desired images and press “convert”
- For quick viewing without conversion, you can load the DICOM files as stacks in ImageJ. Note that you will usually need to adjust the image contrast.